Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Writing retreats, social ventures and Exmoor Ponies

In my 3rd guest blog for Exmoor Magazine I've been busy - there's writing retreats, mentoring and volunteering on the cards. Read the blog to find out more and expect to hear a lot more about them all in the coming months. I bet you can't wait! 

My latest OU module has just started as well and over the next 9 months I will be writing fiction (no change there then), poetry (feeling daunted) and memoir (watch out relatives!) and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in.

I started a short story course as well earlier this month and the first story that I sent in came back with the feedback that it's not a short story but an extract from a longer piece. This is the reason I signed up for this class as I know that I turn everything I write into a novel - I just cannot seem to contain myself!

So, before I really get going today I'm off. Just one more thing - my new retreat website will be live later this week but if you are in the West Country and want some info now then email me at amandasaint@gmail.com and I'll send it over.


2 comments:

  1. Amanda, did you see my new FB writing workshop group? I'm opening it up to anyone interested in writing fiction as a support place and also to offer small workshops..would love to have you.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sandraswritingworkshop/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, I have just been into it and requested to join. Sounds great - I really need help with revisions!

    ReplyDelete