Sunday, 15 July 2012

Guest blogs and book launches

As I prepare for the move to the wilds of Exmoor, I've got myself a monthly guest column on the Exmoor magazine blog. The first installment of 'The Urban Gypsy goes Rural' has been published on the blog today - the next one will be post move, when the realisation that we're not on holiday will probably just about be sinking in.


In preparation for a new life in the country I am making the most of the city's offerings over the next couple of weeks. I'm going to two book launches at Bloomsbury publishers (hoping to get talent spotted while I'm there of course) and have many nights out with friends planned. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a visit to the National Portrait Gallery as I've been meaning to go there for the past few years that we've been living in London.


The first book launch is next week and its for Brand Anarchy by Stephen Waddington, of interest for my day job, and the second is on the 26th July for the launch of Rook by Jane Rusbridge, her second novel. This is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Firstly because I really enjoyed Jane's debut novel, The Devil's Music, which I was chuffed to win a signed copy of in the competition that she ran earlier this year. Secondly, because I'm also going to get to meet some of the writers I speak to on Twitter in person. Oh, and did I mention I'm also hoping to get myself an agent and a publishing deal while I'm there? I'm not giving up you know. 

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move. Exciting times for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big changes ahead, hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sally and Suzanne. Yes, huge and exciting changes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exmoor, lovely! I'm severely jealous of your country move :) congratulations on the monthly column, and good luck with the talent-spotting shenanigans :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda .. good luck with all the moves and all it entails - it'll be lovely to be in the country .. though winter is another matter! Enjoy anyway ...

    Cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete