Thursday, 19 April 2012

To quote or not to quote

Quotations are used liberally in many novels, as lead ins to chapters or sections and in the text. As I am busy writing away, 12,500 words written so far over the past two days, today's Q post is very short and is just some quotes that I like.


An eye for an eye leads to more blindness. ― Margaret Atwood

If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ― Toni Morrison

It is never too late to be what you might have been. ― George Eliot

3 comments:

  1. i've not seen the George Eliot quote before but it is pretty much my mantra, now if i only knew what i wanted to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda .. I use them if I see them when I'm researching my post - but don't think to use them otherwise .. sometimes something pops into my head ..

    As kate says .. I like the George Elliot quote .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, yes that's always the hard bit! I want to be a working novelist - now I just have to get the publishing houses to play along!

    ReplyDelete