Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Feeding Need

Today's P post is dedicated to the art of poetry with this poem from my second guest of the challenge, Jen Squire.


Feeding Need

Like a new waiter offering a heavy bill

I stand before him

almost sorry


He reaches for objects

Ripping skin – the tiers of my body

violent need


But love cannot be bottled


My heart does not sit chilling in clear glass


Hands spooning preparations -

scraping the black bead seeds of paw paw

leaving barren pulp

I am putty for the expert

the addict


He watches me rising, rounding,

sweet juices dripping from his greedy thieving mouth

he stuffs me with his words

I want


Darling he moans with apology

a fat person caught ravishing a fridge in the dark

darling


I am his sponge

too much to eat at once

too pretty to throw out

No comments:

Post a Comment