Thursday, 19 January 2012

Hyperink.com Question of the Month

A strange title I know, but bear with me as this is for a job application to write e-books for Hyperink.com


Question: What do I think is the future of publishing?

Well, in my day job I already wrote an article touching on this. I interviewed a couple of publishing execs at Random House and Meredith about the big publishing houses buying up digital marketing agencies. The rise of the e-book has been phenomenal and traditional print publishers know that they have to expand what they are offering if they are to survive the digital revolution.

As a book lover myself I have yet to purchase an e-reader, although I have bought many e-books that I read on my PC. I know it won’t be long until I do get one though as many of the paperback books I buy get recycled to the charity shop anyway. It’s the tactile, beautiful hardbacks that remain on my shelves and I think in the long-run these are the only kind that will survive the revolution. Paperbacks will become a thing of the past.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on my 2nd ebook , still undecided about it , though I do like the back light so I can read with the lights off at night......

    ReplyDelete