Saturday, 31 December 2011

Festive full-up

Well I have excelled myself this festive season and don't really want to think about food or drink again for a good long while. Alas it is New Year's Eve so I have to put in one last effort and have more festive fun tonight, and another mammoth meal tomorrow. Then I am going on January detox. Vegetables galore will be filling my plate and I am going to try and do the Heavenly Challenge at Bikram Yoga Chiswick, which will mean doing 30 classes in 35 days - yes that's right 6 classes a week! The intention is good but whether I will manage it remains to be seen.

My writing resolution for 2012 is to just get on with it. Get the first draft finished and then start the rewrite. To help me along the way I've booked into the January Urban Writers' Retreat for some dedicated writing time (and delicious cake); for inspiration I've signed up for Shaun Levin's Reading to Write course; and for hardcore writing commitment I am going to take a short-break all by myself to really up the word count. Obviously being cloistered in a lovely cottage by the sea is going to be a real hardship but it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for my craft!

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope all your dreams, and mine, come true in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment